About Aimil Healthcare
Respiratory disorders are diseases of the airway and other structures of the lung. They are among the leading causes of morbidity and mortality worldwide. With a global prevalence of 7.1%, the study showed that approximately 544.9 million individuals worldwide had chronic respiratory diseases. Respiratory disorders can be acute or chronic; some of the most common respiratory infections are Upper Respiratory Tract Infections (URTI), Chronic cough, Pneumonia, Asthma, and many more. These disease entities are important contributors to the rising burden of non-communicable diseases globally.
Cough is nothing but a body’s response to something that causes irritation or disturbance in the airways or throat. However, it is the most common symptom of almost all respiratory conditions and is a normal process of clearing airways from smoke, irritant, etc. But when a cough is sustained for a couple of weeks or brings out bloody or discolored mucus, it is termed a chronic cough & the condition requires medical attention.
Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI)
URTI stands for upper respiratory tract infection, which causes pain and swelling in the upper part of the respiratory tract, including the throat and sinuses. Upper respiratory tract infection can occur by several types of bacteria and viruses. Some common URTIs are Common cold, Tonsillitis, Laryngitis, Sinusitis, and Pharyngitis.
Pneumonia is a respiratory infection that inflames air sacs in one or both lungs. Sometimes it also results in filling the sac with fluid or pus, which leads to oxygen unavailability & breathing troubles. The infection can be life-threatening, particularly to infects, children & elderly people. According to WHO, 14% of child death under five years are caused by pneumonia worldwide. It is a severe condition that requires immediate intervention.
Symptoms of cough are-
- Cough and Sore throat
- Persistent irritation at the back of the throat
- Crackling & wheezing sound when breathing
- Feeling of congestion
- headacheVarious factors could cause cough –Cough (wet or dry) caused due to excessive exposure to smoke in chronic smokers is called a Smoker’s cough. When a cough occurs by an immune response to allergens or viruses, it is called an allergic cough or viral cough.
Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI)
Acute URTI like- Pharyngitis, Tonsillitis, and Rhinitis. Common symptoms of URTIs are-
- Sore Throat
- Nasal Congestion
- Low-grade fever
- Running Nose
- Facial PressureCommon causes of URTI include any inflammatory response caused due to bacterial or viral infection.Pneumonia
Common symptoms are-
- Chest Pain while coughing
- Fever, Sweating, and Shaking Chills
- Nausea, Vomiting, and Cause includes several infecting agents like- viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
At Aimil Healthcare and Research Center, physicians primarily focus on the patient’s physical examination and medical history. Through the medical record, doctors get the idea about the chronic conditions of cough. Then if needed, the doctor goes for some advanced diagnostic tools like- X-rays, CT scans, and lab tests for mucus.
Diagnosis of infection is made by physical examination and patient’s medical history. If needed, then the AHRC experts advise tests like Chest X-ray, CT-scan, Swab Test, and Sputum Test.
At Aimil Healthcare and Research Center, physicians very precisely perform a physical examination and listen to sounds of lungs like cracking and bubbling sounds with the stethoscope. Also, to confirm the case doctor goes for advanced diagnostic techniques like Chest X-ray, CT-scan, Swab Test, Blood test, and Sputum Test.
TREATMENT FOR COUGH
At Aimil Healthcare and Research Center, physicians closely analyze patients’ symptoms based on the type (dry or wet), duration (acute or chronic) & severity of the cough. Then, they prescribe various polyherbal formulations that relieve cough and work on the root cause of coughing.
TREATMENT FOR URTI
Respiratory tract diseases are described in Ayurveda as Kasa, which occurs due to an imbalance of Kapha Dosha. Children are more prone to URTIs because Kapha dosha is more prominent in childhood. To effectively treat URTI, physicians at Aimil Healthcare and Research Center prescribe different types of herbal formulations that relieve patients from respiratory discomfort by balancing the vitiated dosha, killing the microbes, and providing long-term relief.
TREATMENT FOR PNEUMONIA
As per Ayurveda treatment, pneumonia can be considered a combination of Jwar (Fever) and Swas (Breathing Problem). Therefore at Aimil Healthcare and Research Center, physicians not just recommend herbal formulations that slow down the progression of infection & reliefs symptoms but also give several lifestyle modification guidelines to strengthen the entire respiratory system.
Physical Activities For Cough
Avoid physical exercise when chest congestion, breathlessness, and chest pain occur. Regular hand washing and covering the mouth during coughing should be done to avoid spreading infection. Gargling should be done for faster relief from cough.
Physical Activities For URTIs
- Regular exercises reduce the severity of URTIs and improve lung functional
- Use a mask and covering mouth with a cloth while sneezing and coughing.
- Gargling with medicated decoction and hand washing should be a regular
Physical Activities For Pneumonia
- Moderate Physical exercise is recommended but should stop when you feel breathing issues.
- Proper hygiene maintenance should be a regular practice.
- Avoid moving to overcrowded areas or places with high
- Avoid coming in contact with smoke or any
Dietary Advice for Cough & URTI
- Dairy products should be avoided; they can make the cough worse.
- If some food brings allergic reactions to the body, it should be
- Regular consumption of Honey is recommended for wet cough
- Licorice root tea or hot beverages like soup is beneficial.
Dietary Advice for Pneumonia
- Avoid allergic food items like
- Avoid sugar and highly sweet
- Avoid milk and other dairy products. Coffee and other caffeine-containing products.
- Avoid cold beverages like soft
- Eat light food like boiled vegetables.
- Eat less sweet fruits like avocado.
- Garlic, onions, ginger, and chili pepper should be eaten
Aimil Healthcare and Research centre has an objective to knot & treat the severity of liver disorders. The objectives are as follows:
To restore Liver Function tests e.g. Serum bilirubin, Serum alkaline phosphatase, Serum transaminases (SGOT, SGPT) and Albumin Globulin ratio.
To activate metabolism Digestion, Assimilation and Anabolism.
To check degeneration & promote regeneration of liver cells.
To prevent intoxication from hepatotoxic agents.
If you have a liver malfunction, there are some special considerations you may need to follow in
your diet to stay nutritionally well and to help to manage your condition. Aimil Healthcare and
Research Centre suggest liver patients to avoid substances such as alcohol and also recommend
washing the fruits and vegetables before consumption as chemicals used in pest control, which
may be present on unwashed fruits and vegetables, can create a severe damage to your liver.
To retain a healthy liver, one should always take food with low oil and low spices. Regular
consumption of fresh green vegetables, pulses and boiled rice are advised to keep a healthy liver.
The ayurvedic physicians also suggest intake of fresh fruit juices which make liver active
and well built.
Specialists at Aimil Healthcare and Research Centreconsistently ask their patients to adapt some
physical activities to fight with various liver disorders.Good nutrition can help to support your liver to
functionand plays a crucial role in your health but to make it energetic it is necessary to keep your
body regulated with thephysical activities. Practice of ‘yoga aasans’ and regular exercises are
recommended to keep the liver fit and active. Morning walk also helps the body to maintain
a proper liver metabolism. Saying ‘good bye’ to your cigarettes and alcohol can also prohibit the
chances of liver diseases. Physicians also motivate patients towards
positive attitude and counsel them for their better lifestyle.