About Aimil Healthcare
Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver. This condition is caused by a viral infection, one of the five strains of hepatitis virus responsible for the hepatitis condition are A, B, C, D, and E. Hepatitis is a type of liver disorder, closely related to poor hygiene practices like- improper sanitation, unsafe food, and water.
t strains of viral infections, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C can lead to the chronic phases of liver disease like- cirrhosis, and liver cancer or may lead to death. Timely vaccination and good hygiene practices can be preventive measures for Hepatitis conditions.
Jaundice is a type of liver disorder in which the eye, skin & nails turn yellowish in appearance due to excessive accumulation of bilirubin in the blood. The color of the stool becomes lighter than usual. Jaundice is caused when the liver is not properly working and the bile duct gets blocked.
A diseased condition in which the usual size of an individual liver gets increased than normal. Hepatomegaly is the term used to denote this medical condition. Liver Enlargement is a condition that is a disease itself but it is also a sign of several problems
Fatty liver is a disease condition, caused by excess storage of fat in the liver. The liver stores fat but it becomes problematic when the fat weight on the liver reaches 5-10% of the liver’s weight. Fatty liver may cause difficulty in normal liver working.
Mostly in the initial stages of any strain of hepatitis, no symptoms can be detected, but after some days of infection it gets severe and many symptoms can be noticed. General symptoms of Hepatitis are loss of appetite, fever, malaise, nausea, dark-colored urine, diarrhea, gastric discomfort, and jaundice.
Hepatitis is caused by a viral infection of any of the five strains of Hepatitis virus A, B, C, D, and E.
- Flu-like symptoms
- Change in skin color
- Dark colored urine
- Liver EnlargementJaundice is caused by liver infection by a virus or any parasite, overdose of some drug, and poisoning.
- Dark-colored urine and light-colored stools.
- Itchy skin (pruritis)
- Enlarged spleen (splenomegaly)
- Lack of appetite & Nausea
- Gastric Discomfort
As the size of the liver varies with age, sex, and body size of an individual. Causes of liver enlargement can be Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis, Jaundice, and Obstruction in the bile duct.
- Common symptoms of Fatty liver are-
- A feeling of fullness or Abdominal Pain
- Swollen abdomen and legs
- Mental confusion
- Heartburn (Indigestion)
Causes of Fatty liver can be two types, one is alcohol-associated, which basically occurs by drinking excess alcohol and the second is non-alcohol associated which is caused by no alcoholic reasons like overweight, high blood sugar, and prediabetes.
For the investigation of Hepatitis, a physician may ask about the medical history and physical examination by checking the body temperature and pale skin color, and eye color. As viral hepatitis is suspected, a blood test can be used to get a lot of information about the working condition of the liver. An LFT (Liver Function Test) is prescribed by the physician to get an idea of the liver condition by observing LFT parameters.
For investigation of specific strains of hepatitis, a physician may use an Antibody test, this test is used to detect the specific viral strain of Hepatitis infection.
Investigation of Jaundice is done by physical examination of the patient’s eyes and skin color. As the physician suspected jaundice, then for confirmation of Jaundice, the physician may go for Liver Function Test, and analyze the elevated serum bilirubin level (an LFT parameter).
A physician may ask about the medical history and go through a physical examination, for the specific confirmation of the disease or to find the root cause, a physician may ask for a blood test, CT scan, and MRI
A physician may ask about the medical history and do a physical examination, if inflammation in the liver or fatty liver is suspected, then for disease confirmation, a physician may go for the blood tests like Liver Function tests and Imaging tests like- Ultrasound, CT-scan, MRI, etc.
TREATMENT FOR HEPATITIS
As Hepatitis A and E leads to acute liver inflammation, sometimes it doesn’t require any treatment, only good hygiene practice and a healthy diet can be sufficient for these type of Hepatitis. Whereas Hepatitis B and C can lead to chronic conditions of liver inflammation. Hence, they require serious medical attention.
On-time vaccination is the best treatment for Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis D. As Hepatitis occurs only after the infection of Hepatitis B virus if a person is vaccinated for Hepatitis B is also said to be safe from Hepatitis D infection.
According to Ayurveda, this condition is occurring due to an imbalance of Pitta dosha and blood impurities, so At Aimil Healthcare and Research Center, physicians prescribe various polyherbal formulations and suggest a healthy diet and routine to get relief from Hepatitis conditions.
TREATMENT FOR JAUNDICE
The Ayurvedic approach for the treatment of Jaundice is to balance the vitiated Pitta Dosha by prescribing a polyherbal formulation to balance the Pitta Dosha and remove the toxins from the blood.
TREATMENT FOR LIVER ENLARGEMENT
This condition requires serious medical attention, therefore At Aimil Healthcare and Research Center, physicians after examining all the parameters of liver enlargement, prescribe some polyherbal formulations with suitable dietary and physical advice, to treat the patient.
TREATMENT FOR FATTY LIVER
This disease condition can be treated or prevented by liver tonics, Ama Panchan herbs, healthy and a healthy diet individually advised by a physician.
Physical Activity for Hepatitis
- Excessive Physical exercise should be avoided
- Drink Plenty of Water
- Eat small meals
- Don’t skip meals
- Take Adequate rest
Physical Activity for Jaundice
- Minor to moderate exercise is recommended according to patient tolerance.
- Drink plenty of Water
Physical Activity for Liver Enlargement
- Regular exercise is recommended to reduce the excess load on the liver.
- Exercise reduces weight and is helpful in fatty liver conditions.
Physical Activity for Fatty Liver
- Regular physical exercise can bring relief to fatty liver patients.
- Regular exercise leads to weight loss.
- Fruits and Vegetables should be incorporated into the regular diet; antioxidant-rich foods are helpful to reduce the recovery period of Hepatitis patients.
- Whole wheat should be taken into the diet.
- Olive oil, canola oil, and Flax seed oil.
- Avoid Processed food, they can worsen the recovery time.
- Hydrogenated oil should be avoided, which contains saturated fat or trans fat.
- For Hepatitis C patients, Iron content should be low in the diet.
- A limited amount of salt and sugar should be taken.
- Avoid vitamin supplementation.
- Drink plenty of water, at least eight glasses of water.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be consumed.
- Fiber-rich vegetables such as nuts and fiber are known to absorb bilirubin.
- Avoid Saturated fat.
- Avoid refined sugar and salt.
- Avoid alcohol, it can increase pressure on the liver.
- Fruits and vegetables
- High fiber plants like legumes and whole grains
- Avoid the intake of beverages, and food including high added sugar, salt, and saturated fat.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Drink plenty of Water.
- Coffee can help in a
- Spinach and green leafy vegetables help to fight fatty liver.
- Regular intake of legumes such as lentils, chickpeas, and soybeans can help in fatty liver.
- Eat Whole green fiber-rich, unsaturated fat like avocados, and olive oil.
- Avoid saturated fat like butter
- Avoid alcohol, added sugar, fried foods, added salt, red meat, white bread, and rice.
Aimil Healthcare and Research centre has an objective to knot & treat the severity of liver disorders. The objectives are as follows:
To restore Liver Function tests e.g. Serum bilirubin, Serum alkaline phosphatase, Serum transaminases (SGOT, SGPT) and Albumin Globulin ratio.
To activate metabolism Digestion, Assimilation and Anabolism.
To check degeneration & promote regeneration of liver cells.
To prevent intoxication from hepatotoxic agents.
If you have a liver malfunction, there are some special considerations you may need to follow in
your diet to stay nutritionally well and to help to manage your condition. Aimil Healthcare and
Research Centre suggest liver patients to avoid substances such as alcohol and also recommend
washing the fruits and vegetables before consumption as chemicals used in pest control, which
may be present on unwashed fruits and vegetables, can create a severe damage to your liver.
To retain a healthy liver, one should always take food with low oil and low spices. Regular
consumption of fresh green vegetables, pulses and boiled rice are advised to keep a healthy liver.
The ayurvedic physicians also suggest intake of fresh fruit juices which make liver active
and well built.
Specialists at Aimil Healthcare and Research Centreconsistently ask their patients to adapt some
physical activities to fight with various liver disorders.Good nutrition can help to support your liver to
functionand plays a crucial role in your health but to make it energetic it is necessary to keep your
body regulated with thephysical activities. Practice of ‘yoga aasans’ and regular exercises are
recommended to keep the liver fit and active. Morning walk also helps the body to maintain
a proper liver metabolism. Saying ‘good bye’ to your cigarettes and alcohol can also prohibit the
chances of liver diseases. Physicians also motivate patients towards
positive attitude and counsel them for their better lifestyle.